Every day, technology impacts the ways in which we communicate with each other and the world. The rapidly evolving realm of social media is creating new avenues of social engagement, and revenue generation that marketers have never seen before. Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms, but it’s also the one that changes the most often. As you can imagine, this requires social media marketers to stay on their toes.
As a social media marketer, it is in your best interest to stay up-to-date with the latest in the evolution of Facebook and Facebook marketing. Here are 5 predictions set to reshape marketing efforts and strategies 2017:
1. Facebook groups will now see paid ads. Facebook will begin reducing the reach of pages and introduce paid ads to groups. We’ve noticed many people are more inclined to engage within a group of peers with similar interests versus pages on Facebook.
2. Stories via Messenger will be available to publish on timelines.The success of Snapchat is influencing Facebook to create a similar functionality in Messenger. Embellishing videos with text, filters, and drawings is currently only in use for direct messages, but all of that will change in 2017. This advancement will allow users to create Snapchat-esqe videos and post them directly to their page. As the function evolves, expect more professional grade studio editing and post production offerings available to the app and desktop platforms. You may even begin to see Facebook Live appearing next to Netflix and Hulu on your television screen.
3. End-to-end sales communication will be developed for Messenger. Products will be created to enhance instant communication between you and your (potential) customers. B2C instant communication is slowly becoming mainstream within Facebook. Often these conversations are inexpensive in acquirement and are a catalyst to a rapid escalation in customer-building progress. Since these innovative chats start in a flash, you will be able to begin a new relationship with your audience quickly.
4. We may see Facebook as a cable TV Network. In 2017, Facebook has peaked regarding news feed creativity. Diversity of new media means the introduction of original content programming for Facebook Live. Some believe the social media leader will start a major television network or perhaps buy an existing one. Would you watch a Facebook channel on your TV?
5. Video analytics will become crucial marketing tools on Facebook. Demand for transparency surrounding Facebook Live and video analytics will become forceful in 2017. Brands are paying big dollars to produce, advertise and distribute video. Agencies, publishers, platforms and influencers will be expected to start sharing data.
Educating prospects on the new touchstones of Facebook communication and having the ability to overcome objections will ultimately decide the winners and losers of the social media marketing landscape.
When Facebook changes their system, it’s both a blessing and a curse for social media marketer. They will have new features and tools to utilize, but they must adapt and learn. Take heed and create a social media strategy reflective of the 2017 technological landscape.
Contact us today to learn more about best practices for social media success!
Click Here to Subscribe