When choosing social media platforms for your marketing strategy, it is necessary to dig deep to see which ones are going to be the best starting point to complement your cohesive and strategic social media marketing strategy. You need to look at a social media site and ask yourself, “What can you do for me and my business?” Social media should bring value to you by creating your own unique community and promotional hub.
Look through your current (or competitor’s profiles), compare and contrast, and answer the following questions:
• Which sites do you market on currently?
• Looking at your Buyer Profiles, which site has the most active members of your target market?
• Which site has groups for your company’s niche when you search using your keyword list?
• What sites do your competitors use the most or least?
• Which site’s tone aligns most with your brand voice?
• Which site is easiest to understand and use? Use the “Help” section of each site to learn more about its capabilities and security.
• Which site overall feels like the most natural fit for your business and marketing objectives?
Please take your time on these questions, and go through each one carefully, keeping in mind your needs and the pros and cons of each. Think about how much time you have, and who will be managing these sites. Also, based on the content in the past three chapters, which ones did you really identify with?
Now, once you have made your decision, you need to decide your starting point and note it on your pad.
• In Month One, I will market the business on: [Name of site(s)]
• In Month Two, I will market the business on: [Name of site(s)]
• In Month Three, I will market the business on: [Name of site(s)]
By setting a three-month plan, you will have time to get your feet wet and find your footing. After that, you can look back at your strategy to see what needs to be changed and updated.
Remember, when it comes to social media all plans are organic: they will grow and change over time. This is a wonderful advantage for your company as you can easily and cost-effectively change a marketing strategy on a dime if necessary.
2 Comments Published
Developing a Facebook Marketing Strategy – ProductsToSellJLMar 2 / 2016
[…] When it Comes to Social Media Marketing – It is All About Making the Right Choice […]
Chris ThompsonApr 15 / 2016
Great post! I find that most people struggle with what decisions to make but this post will help readers see what to evaluate before making a decision.-Chris Thompson