Company evangelists. I love this topic because I believe it is one of the most underutilized social media secret weapons.
I am not referring to evangelists in the religious way, but rather fervent supporters of your company and products/services. If they have big mouths, even better!
Open up the mailing list spreadsheet you just completed in the last chapter, and focus in on your past/current client sheets, as these folks are used to your products or services and are familiar with you and your company.
Looking at this list, highlight by bolding anyone who has:
• Frequently expressed their happiness and satisfaction vocally
• Provided valuable feedback that you have used to enhance your processes
• Referred business to you based on their confidence in your service
• Provided a testimonial in writing or online
• Continued to be a loyal client
These are the first batch of potential evangelists, so take your time going through the list and highlight everyone who fits the criteria mentioned above. Don’t be shy. The more the merrier!
Also, you want to think about those who might not be on your spreadsheet as a prospect, client, or past client. It is time to wrack your brain, and add any people to the spreadsheet who might fit these criteria:
• People who would spread the word on a new initiative with little to no prodding
• People who have never worked with you, but are familiar with you and confident in supporting your business
• Business partners who would benefit from your business success
• Event organizers where you served as a speaker or advertiser
• Experts or opinion leaders whose endorsement would be beneficial
• Family members who move in circles where your target market exists
• Personal and professional friends who are always happy to help
• Clients with whom you have had a long and successful relationship
This list is just as important as, if not more important than, the ones in your spreadsheet already, as you will not have much trouble getting them to help you spread the word or endorse you and your business.
I’m sure you are asking, “Why am I doing this?” Well, once you begin to roll out your social media marketing campaign, these company evangelists play an extremely crucial role in ensuring your level of initial and long-term success.
Company evangelists will help you:
• Enhance your credibility
• Generate leads and referrals
• Gain testimonials for your website and social media
• Spread your message virally via social media
• Provide guidance and support when you first venture out into social media
• Provide the crucial first numbers in connections and followers in social media
• Provide protection during your first month or two out of the gate by creating goodwill
Now – get to work!