Many writers know the pain that comes with a blank page. Social media writers aren’t any better. Whenever that update field is blank, or there are still 140 characters remaining for a tweet, there’s a gut-twisting feeling.
Sometimes, marketers need a little push in the right direction. Well, consider this a shove. These 20 post prompts are helpful tools that will get your marketing mind moving!
1. Host a Q & A Session.
2. Explain why customers go to YOU and not THEM.
3. What is your “bread and butter” product?
4. What is your NEW product?
5. Incorporate a lesser-known holiday into your brand. (Trust us, every single day is a holiday, you just need to research.)
6. What did you do this time last year?
7. Host a flash sale.
8. Host a contest.
9. Offer free advice.
10. Incorporate a current event or trending topic.
11. Provide a snippet of the company’s history.
12. Promote a real life event hosted by your company or partner.
13. Provide preventative or helpful tips.
14. Showcase a new employee.
15. What will the upcoming season bring to your company?
16. Describe your company’s ethics.
17. Post something light-hearted / entertaining. (As long as it’s in good taste.)
18. Share news related to your industry.
19. Share your company’s support for a charity or cause.
20. Share a success story of a satisfied customer / client.
Did that get your brain spinning? The best part of social media marketing is the diversity the form allows. It’s so great to be able to share a wide variety of content with your following. Try a few of these prompts and the rest of your strategy will come along quickly.
What type of content has worked best for your company? Comment below!