Time is almost up. Santa has already planned out his course. Most gifts are wrapped. Many stores are already preparing for Valentine’s Day. While the holiday season is the prime time for marketers, it’s a very brief and time-centric period, so you need to act decisively and quickly.
If you haven’t touched on the holiday season in your content at all, you’re missing out on a nice heaping helping of customer engagement and brand awareness. Perhaps you have done a decent job covering the holiday season, but you’re looking for that extra festive flair for your Facebook, Twitter, and other accounts. Either way, you need to check out these content ideas that will help spark the holiday spirit:
1. Updated festive visuals – Add a Santa hat to your profile pic, a menorah to your cover image, flashing lights to your Snapchat Story. Above all, make sure your holiday-themed content has imagery.
2. Flash sale – It’s a bit too late to do a “12 days of deals” type deal. However, it’s still fair game for quick “limited time” social-media-exclusive sales. Make sure they’re worth people opening up their wallets for them because a lot of “wish lists” are complete!
3. Contests – Giveaways and prize draws are popular at any time of year, but especially during the holiday season. A big basket of merchandise or a larger grand prize will get people flocking to your page.
4. Eblasts – While not strictly speaking social media marketing, an e-mail marketing campaign is an effective and personable strategy content idea for reaching out during the holidays. Some services allow the ability to add variable data such as names, addresses, interests, etc.
5. Pics from the team – Whether you post (not embarrassing) pictures from your Christmas party or your team reaching out to the community for a volunteering event, this idea adds a healthy dose of humanity to any marketing campaign. This type of content, above all else, should be promo-free.
So, maybe the holiday season snuck up on you this year, or you’ve been grasping at straws for what to publish. Either way, the above ideas will help you finish off the holiday season on a high note so you can focus on the new year!
Contact us today to help you make every day great on social media!