Ever since the early days of the newspaper, people have studied the power of the headline. Writers carefully selected each word so their paper would pull in readers. Social media marketing has evolved this concept. Thankfully, we don’t need people shouting “Extra!” on street corners. Instead, we have to make sure our updates are noticeable on the web.
Now, there’s one BIG difference between normal copywriting and social media copywriting. With social media, you write a lot. And by a lot, I mean our copywriters have to crank out tens of thousands of words a week for our clients. And guess what? They STILL have to be creative and original. Quantity AND quality are absolutely essential. With that in mind, you might ask which strategies work the best for social media users? The following categories are proven ways to raise engagement:
1. Lists. Whether your post is “Top 10 Restaurants in Nashville” or “The 5 Most Important Documents For Estate Planning,” people love lists. They are easy to read and get right to the point.
2. Definitions and industry terms. Does your industry have specific terminology?Share them with your audience! For example, “The Legal Terms You Need To Know!” is an excellent way to spread a wealth of knowledge for attorneys.
3. Casual tone. Today’s consumer likes a casual and conversational tone for marketing. “Check out these…”, “Come see our…” further strengthen your brand’s approachable feel.
4. Questions. “Could These Foods Help With Alzheimer’s?” Crafting a social media post in the form of a question is always a good way for readers to click and search for the answer.
5. Powerful vocabulary. Finally, no matter what way you craft your message, your words need to pack a punch. Don’t waste room on weak words. Instill a sense of urgency and importance.
Does your marketing team have writer’s block? Contact us! Our copywriting department will be able to craft your brand’s message into a professional and effective piece of marketing.