When you’re looking back at your social media marketing activity in 2016, you may wonder what you should be looking for. ROI? A huge mass of followers? Well, smart marketers will measure an all-important element: engagement.
Which posts rocked? Which flopped? Did a certain subject strike a chord with your audience in a surprising way? Maybe something you were sure of had no impact at all. Well, after studying what’s been done, it’s time to move forward. The following tools are ideal for gathering in your audience and getting people talking.
1. Contests. Social media is stuffed with contests, and for a good reason. They work. For participants to enter, you can ask for some feedback, a simple like or retweet, or even a well thought out answer to “Why should you win?” The best part is, the prize doesn’t even need to be extravagant, perhaps one of your products or gift cards to a service your company provides.
2. Blogs and Long Forms. It may come as a surprise to some people, but many internet users still like to read. Original articles coming from your company is a fantastic way to spread your wealth of knowledge and to establish yourself as an “opinion leader.”
3. Sales. Be alert, there are bargain hunters everywhere. Take advantage of this “compulsion to save” by offering coupons, deals, and flash sales often. It will be a big help and people will follow you to make sure they don’t miss the next one.
4. Freebies. Even better than something on sale is something free. This is especially poignant if you have an ebook, PDF, e-course, trial, or another form of digital product, so you don’t have to be bothered with shipping and handling.
5. Imagery. Text-only social media content can only do so much. You absolutely need pictures, videos, GIFs, interactive art, and more. Now that Twitter no longer counts visuals against its 140 character count, there’s even less of an excuse.
So, does your social media marketing need a shake up? Try to implement or improve one or more of these strategies. Make sure your content is professional, positive, and popular! You will soon understand why this social media marketing thing is so effective.
Contact us today to jump on board with social media marketing!