We recently published a blog about the general structure of a social media bio for your business. Perhaps you sat down with all those tips handy to write your new bio and still came up blank. No worries! We’ve only begun to skim the surface.
To create a spectacular bio, you need to pack a punch with your copy. As we’ve said, you already have a very limited space to formulate your message. As a result, every word needs to count. But if you do this right, your bio will increase your online visibility and drive more traffic to your business.
Here are five tips for creating an engaging and effective bio that you can use across all your social media accounts:
1. Cut out as many “stop words” as possible. In the world of SEO, experts refer to words that would not ever be searched for, such as “the” “a” “an” or “us” as stop words. While it’s impossible to write legible copy without these important words, you should prioritize searchable keywords that define your industry, location, demographics, and business as a whole.
2. Be passionate. You want to be as professional as possible, but if your bio puts your readers to sleep, you’re not setting a very good tone for your business and team. Write your bio to exhibit that you are proud of your mission, your team, and that you deliver exceptional quality that exceeds your competitors.
3. Be human. The whole point of social media marketing is to appeal to your audience in a human way. Do not use phrasing that is over the top or full of industry-exclusive jargon. Instead, focus on vocabulary that is casual and understandable.
4. Don’t oversell. One of the biggest issues we see with many companies’ bios is that they over deliver. “The best in New York.” “Sure to offer an amazing experience.” “The most effective product you will ever use.” This isn’t the place to over promise and under deliver. Instead, use your passion and tone to show that your business offers benefits based in reality. Then, your customers will be able to see that you’re amazing on their own.
5. Be personal. At the very end of your bio, directly address your audience. Include “you” or “your” so they feel like they are being directly addressed. It might sound a bit cheesy, but there is a lot of psychology at play here. If they feel as if they are being spoken to instead of being spoken at, they will feel more comfortable with your brand and more inclined to respond to your call to action.
As you can see, you’re going to need a bit of a creative spark to truly make an outstanding business bio. The good news is that as long as you’re excited about your business and have a drive to appeal to your customers, you shouldn’t have a problem. But just in case writing isn’t your thing, The Go! Agency has a proven track record in creating outstanding bios and maximizing profiles!
Click here to learn more: http://ow.ly/9jOD30jaiOo