In the last post, I explained about the best ways to configure your Facebook Page Tabs in order for them to contain custom images and a custom names. Now that we know “Facebook Tabs 101”, let’s move onto applications, or “Facebook Tabs 102”.
In the years that I have been at The Go! Agency, I’ve seen many applications come and go. Many are touted as the best thing since sliced bread and then vanish completely. Why do I tell you this? As a sort of disclaimer that some of the apps below may also go the way of the dinosaur. So if its a year down the line and you are reading this, some of my suggestions may no longer be available for you to use. But let’s be positive and hope that these will stay around for you to enjoy!
I also tell you this because if you think you can just install these and expect them to work forever, you are sadly mistaken. This is why you need to consistently be on Facebook checking on them to ensure they are working. Just like your businesses’s website, it is extremely important to make sure that all of your content is in order and the links are working properly.
My top tip: check them all once a week. You won’t have 100 to go through, it will be more like 5 or 6. It will take a few minutes. Just click them and make sure that the content is appearing as it should and update if necessary.
Ok, now onto the fun part: the applications for tabs. Facebook has made these extremely difficult to find (as they do sometimes), so I suggest that you type these titles in below to the Facebook search bar and choose the APP with the most users – this will most likely be the one I have suggested below.
- Static Iframe Tab: This is probably one of my favorites as it enables you to import web pages into your Facebook Tab. Want to have a tab called “Website” where your audience clicks on the tab and are taken to your website…..only without leaving Facebook? This is the tab for you. While it can be a little tricky to configure, once you get the hang of it, it is easy and fast. And what a pay-off!
- Fan of the Week for Pages: I love this one as it gives the person with the most engagement on your Facebook Page kudos. It runs automatically and always gets a warm response from the person who wins each week. Easy to install and lots of fun.
- Tweets to Pages: Have a Twitter account? Use the simple and quick Tweets to Pages to show your entire Twitter stream right on your Facebook Page Tab.
- Google+ Tab for Pages: Have a Google+ account? Use this application to important and share your page DIRECTLY in your tab. Great for cross-marketing purposes.
- Constant Contact – Join My List: Do you use Constant Contact? If so, then you will love this plugin. You will have to configure it with your Constant Contact account, but it will allow people to sign up for your email database directly from Facebook. Very good plugin!
- Cueler YouTube: If you have a YouTube channel or have a channel you would like to share, I have found this to be the easiest and quickest YouTube application on Facebook. The others tend to break and load forever, but this one is definitely tops and easy to configure.
There are many more out there, but these are my top 6 for sure. Go onto Facebook right now and check them out to see if they would enhance your page. Make sure to share this article as well as visiting our own page on Facebook here.
Need Online Marketing Help?
Fill Out the Form Below and We Will Get Right Back to You!