- A large, talkative community – As I’ve said, there are hundreds of millions of people that use this site to follow their favorite businesses, celebrities, and those who they know in real life. It’s a powerful tool thanks to its large numbers, but also thanks to these people’s receptiveness. It’s not uncommon for a tweet to receive hundreds of likes and any number of retweets.
- Shareability – Retweeting and quote tweeting are two of the most useful social media tools available today. Your content has the ability to go far and wide thanks to Twitter’s chatting community and their tools. If someone likes your stuff, they can share it with all the people that follow them. You can see the potential here, right?
- Resources – When our team crafts and curates content for our clients as a whole, Twitter is the first place we look for exciting and engaging content. It’s a gateway to so much knowledge, information, and content that can be used in a plethora of different ways. There’s no question the amount of content shared by reputable sources is one of THE reasons many people go on Twitter.
- A fair playing field – Facebook is essential. We all know that. However, their algorithms tend to be a challenge for marketers as we have to work around certain restraints. For Twitter, social media goes back to an even playing field. Your business’s content comes up in the same fashion that everyone else’s does. This isn’t to say that Twitter doesn’t have an algorithm of its own that supposedly helps people see what “they want to see,” but it’s a much easier hurdle to tackle.
- Convenience and speed – Twitter allows 140 characters of text and one piece of imagery per tweet. If you’re about to say “I can’t work under these conditions!” you need to change your perspective. This is actually a HUGE benefit for marketers because the message can be delivered quickly before the reader’s attention wanes off.
Knowing the latest online marketing news, trends and tactics is a necessity. Get The Go! Agency’s weekly easy-to-read newsletter and be informed on what you need to know, plus access exclusive discounts.
Struggling with social media? The road to social media success is not always smooth. Get over your hurdles or start from scratch using CEO Christopher Tompkin’s essentials to building the proper strategy and launching powerful campaigns.
Marketing for the healthcare industry? Learn how to set up a social media strategy specialized to your unique targets. Uncover the secrets and nuances of the industry’s ecosystem to successfully market your company or practice.
Empower yourself by listening to “The Social Marketing Academy” radio show on iTunes. Every episode is an extension of the training classes provided by our CEO. Learn on-demand at your pace and surge your social media savvy.