It’s October, and you know what that means! Ghosts, goblins, and poorly chosen Halloween costumes. But this spooky season isn’t just for trick or treaters. Marketers have a gold mine of marketing potential just waiting to be utilized. Here are the best ways to have hauntingly good engagement:
1. Frightening fun. All Halloween festivities aside, it’s a very busy time of year. The school year is in full swing, people are preparing for the big holiday season to hit in just a month, and business ramps up quickly. A dose of fun may be enough to make your followers smile and drum up engagement. Whether it’s DIY decor, costumes, or party ideas, you can’t go wrong!
2. Spooky sales. Like Christmas, Independence Day, Columbus Day, Mother’s Day, and Groundhog Day, companies’ default response to a holiday is a sale. But with social media, you can liven things up. Change the sale’s focus every day, utilize flash sales, make social media exclusive offers, etc. Keep in mind that you should be posting at least twice a day, so use that to your advantage.
3. Show off your monsters. Did your employees dress up for the holiday? Take lots of pics and upload them to your favorite social media platforms. It’s a great way to add some humanity to your business (even if they are dressed as monsters).
4. Horror Hashtags. Of course, #HappyHalloween will be at the top of the charts on the 31st. But don’t just stick with the obvious. Sometimes, unique hashtags are more effective. Do your research and see what’s trending this year. This may be the time for some “in the moment” posting as opposed to scheduling.
5. Ghostly Imagery. I don’t mean you should share a pic from Ghost Hunters. Instead, be sure to incorporate holiday-themed visuals. If your graphic designer is handy, you can even add a bit of Halloween flair to your logo or profile picture.
It’s not only easy to get into the spirit, it’s smart too. Social media marketers love huge holidays like Halloween because a massive amount of people are celebrating, which means they’re looking for content. Dive in… if you dare!
Do you have the holiday blues? Don’t let another holiday season go by without the right social media strategy. Jump on board before it’s too late!