Did you ever play the game 20 Questions? The goal is to figure out what the person you’re playing against is thinking of. The following 20 questions will help social media marketers learn what their brand’s marketing strategy is. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the other platforms require a well-developed approach, and by asking yourself the following questions, you will be able to go in with an advantage.
1. Who are my ideal customers?
2. What am I trying to promote?
3. What is the tone of my brand?
3. What are my competitors doing online?
4. How does my company fare against my competitor’s online activity?
5. What problems do my ideal customers have?
6. How does my company help solve those problems?
7. Where are my customers geographically?
8. What content do my customers like to see?
9. Which social media platforms work for me?
10. How can I incorporate compelling content into my brand’s message?
11. What are the most important keywords in my industry? (For instance, mine would be “social media”, “online marketing”, etc.)
12. When should I post content?
13. What products or services are my “bread and butter”?
14. What original content can I use? Do I have blogs, web pages, original images, etc.?
15. Who industry’s top online influencers and how can I incorporate their content?
16. What scheduling software is right for me?
17. What visuals should I incorporate into my content? (You better not say “none!”)
18. How often should I be posting every day?
19. How much time can I invest into social media?
20. What are my ultimate goals for social media?
Do you have all the answers? If not, you better get to work!
Every day, we work with companies and incorporate their individualized situations into their strategies. We can help you answer these questions and get started one the most effective avenue of marketing today!